Monday, June 16, 2008

I Saw Omar Steal Home

I was out at AT&T Park on Friday night, and the game pretty much sucked. Aside from seeing Zito hit double digits in the loss column, there was one bright spot - I Saw Omar Vizquel Steal Home! Seriously, it was quite possibly the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. I didn't actually believe that it had happened. Charlie texted me, "Holy shit!!" That's what I was thinking. "It really fired everybody up," Vizquel said afterwards, although being fired up didn't translate into any more runs. Still, it was the first time a Giant had stole home since 1983. And to think, this could have happened during the inning and a half I spent waiting in line for garlic fries. Glad I saw a piece of Giants history.


It has been difficult to be a Giants fan these last several years - losing records, injuries, and bad contracts. We may be critical - but we stand by our team through good times and bad. The Giants remain one of the most storied franchises in the history of baseball and have a crop of new stars ready to add new pages to the Giants history books. Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, Wilson and Sandoval are giving us reasons to be excited. Times may not always be stellar, but the Giants always give us something to talk about.