Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Notes From the Luxury Suite

Last night, I had the good fortune of watching the Giants-Rockies contest from a Club Level luxury suite. It wasn't so fortunate that the Giants lost 4-2, but other than that it was a thrilling experience. I once sat in a luxury suite at Candlestick, but this was my first time seeing how the other half lives at AT&T. I managed to give myself a pretty good stomachache with all of the food I was enjoying - a mix of Chinese, Mexican, and hot dogs. I also enjoyed lots of cracker jacks, popcorn, and cookies. The suite is filled with televisions, one which had every major league game going. Despite the comforts, I wouldn't say this is the best way to watch a baseball game. Its actually quite difficult to focus on the game with so much happening. The folks in your luxury suite will likely not be paying attention, while discussing matters that don't relate to baseball. I am not going to complain, though. It really was pretty awesome.


It has been difficult to be a Giants fan these last several years - losing records, injuries, and bad contracts. We may be critical - but we stand by our team through good times and bad. The Giants remain one of the most storied franchises in the history of baseball and have a crop of new stars ready to add new pages to the Giants history books. Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez, Wilson and Sandoval are giving us reasons to be excited. Times may not always be stellar, but the Giants always give us something to talk about.